Our vision is broad
The California Nurse-Midwives Foundation has been in existence for over two years! CNMF's work is possible thanks to the generous support of the California Health Care Foundation, the Yellow Chair Foundation and numerous individual donors who believe in our cause.
What did we accomplish in 2020 & 2021?
We supported many projects including:
- Assistance with emergency funds for students
- Scholarships to attend ACNM Conference 2020
- Assistance for Aspiring Midwives of Color program
- Grant funding for Mentorship Program for student midwives of color.
- BElovedBIRTH Black Centering Program (based in Highland Hospital Oakland)
- Kindred Space LA Birth Center (start up assistance)
- Public Education campaign regarding midwives, reproductive and birth justice
To learn more about our grantees, click here.
What do we hope to accomplish in 2022?
- Continued Student Support
- Assistance for SB 1237 Implementation
- Anti-Racism Work
- Support for a Statewide Research on on the Landscape of Midwifery in California
- Support for Community-based Reproductive Health and Birth
- Collaboration Project with Licensed Midwives and other Birth Workers
- Organizational Support and Capacity Building within the Foundation
THE VISION OF THE CALIFORNIA NURSE-MIDWIVES FOUNDATION IS TO REVOLUTIONIZE HEALTH CARE DELIVERY IN CALIFORNIA BY ENSURING ACCESS TO HIGH-QUALITY, HIGH-VALUE MATERNITY CARE FOR EVERY PERSON, WHENEVER THEY NEED IT, WHEREVER THEY ARE